Esco SC2 Class II Biological Safety Cabinets provide optimum performance at an economical price. The cabinet performance is continuously monitored and controlled by our user-friendly Sentinel™ Delta control system, allowing you, the user, a safe and reliable working environment. The angled front and glass side windows provide an ergonomic work environment for the user. SC2 is the lowest cost EN certified Class II Biological Safety Cabinet on the world market.
Containment and Protection
- A combination of a supply HEPA filter and an exhaust HEPA filter create a fully integrated performance envelope for product, operator and environmental protection.
- Inflow of room air enters the front air grille to establish operator protection; room air does not enter the work zone, preventing product contamination.
- A raised armrest prevents the likelihood of inflow grille blocking by operator’s arms.
- The inflow velocity, downflow velocity, and air flow path, and intake geometry are precision tuned and tested to create an optimum air curtain on the front aperture; this curtain maintains personal and product protection even in the unlikely event of a severe inflow or downflow imbalance that would compromise protection in a conventional cabinet.
- The SC2 series meets the requirements of the European Standard EN 12469 for microbiological safety cabinets.
Integrated Filtration System
Independent supply and exhaust filters provide 99.99% typical efficiency for particle sizes of 0.1 to 0.3 microns. Airstream filters meet the IEST-RP-CC001.3 recommended practice for HEPA performance (USA), and EN 1822 for H13 performance (EU).
- HEPA filters (per IEST-RP-CC001.3), are tested to a typical efficiency of >99.99% for 0.1 to 0.3 micron particles.
- Modern separator-less mini-pleat filter construction maximizes the filter surface area to extend filter life and eliminate possible filter media damage by thin and sharp aluminum separators used in conventional HEPA filter construction.
- The filter assembly is constructed in accordance with EN 1822 requirements.
- The supply filter provides ISO Class 4 (per ISO 14644.1) clean air to the work surface in a gentle vertical laminar flow for product protection.
- The exhaust filter traps biohazard particles acquired from the work surface before air is exhausted to the room, offering personal and environmental protection.
- The exhaust filter media is protected from mechanical damage by an integrated metal screen guard, which is absent from conventional HEPA filters.
User-Friendly Control System
The user-friendly Esco Sentinel Delta™ microprocessor-based control system, fitted in the SC2 cabinet, supervises the operation of all cabinet functions. The controls are configurable to meet user requirements. Enhanced features promote cabinet usability.
PDF Dosyasını İndir
- Accurate true airflow velocity sensing technology measures all critical cabinet airflow parameters allowing superior monitoring. Temperature compensated sensor ensure increased accuracy.
- Solid state variable speed controllers offer superior control over conventional “step” controllers.
- A bright, easy-to-read, LCD display provides continuous monitoring of cabinet airflow.
- An additional UV-interlock ensures that the optional UV lamp is deactivated when the sash is not fully closed.